The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

RATING: 4/5
For this being one of my favorite all time movies, I have to give it about a 7 just because if someone is renting it on DVD, chances are they have never seen it live and are going to be disappointed by the movie itself based on the hype over the years of the movie.
The story is weak and it looks like a low budget 70's film, throw in rock music, a little goth and you have Rocky Horror. If you take away the midnight shows and the cult following of 30-50 year olds who like to reenact the film on a stage, you got a campy sci-fi musical that would fade away into the darkness. It truly is because of it's following that Rocky Horror has survived. I first watched this movie when I was in 4 or 5 grade and remember wanted to be in the school talent show using the music to "Toucha Toucha Touch Me". Yes, I a little young for the song but I was just so in awe over the West Hollywood Rocky Horror experience when I was like 10, it became a part of me that I won't go away. I love Rocky Horror and it must be watched at midnight with a cast.

UPDATE:

This weekend our Blu-Ray copy of Rocky Horror and we had to watch it and check out the quality of the transfer, which I was thoroughly impressed with. First the audio was incredible. I was able to hear layers of different sounds like horns and the chorus coming from my rear speakers, while the vocal tracks came from the center, just where it should be. The video for the most part was a good clean transfer, though there were some scenes that were grainy but were not that many. On this watch, I decided on the UK version with the alternate B&W intro. The movie was in B&W all the way up to the Time Warp where they open the door to main room and introduce the Transylvanians. Watching in black and white gave the movie a classic appeal and not the tired 70s look. It was definitely worth the blu-ray purchase.

No Response to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme