The Last Emperor (1987)

RATING: 4.5/5
J's REVIEW: I am not a fan or long drawn out movies, but for some reason this movie held my interest throughout. I was very entertained and felt like I learned a little about history without spending hours in school. With time, the movie held up and did not seem dated. I did have an issue with the casting of the teenager emperor. The child and the adult both had a better grasp of the English language and I found it funny that as a teenager, he seem to have had a heavier accent. But I did like the hint of lesbianism in it. Woo.

E's REVIEW: I love this movie and always have. I think Bertolucci is an amazing director and he did such a fabulous job with the story spanning the decades. It is no shock that this movie won so many Oscars when it was new over 20 years ago. If I had any complaints about it, it was that it seemed like there was a lot of "cultural" filler. I don't mind when it comes to Asian history though as it seems to fit.

No Response to "The Last Emperor (1987)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme