The Pirate Movie (1982)

RATING: 4.5/5
This movie is loosely based on "Pirates of Penzance" with bad 80's cheesy pop songs, sung by Christopher Atkins and Kristy McNichol. First off, after the "Blue Lagoon", I had a hard on for Christopher Atkins. My inner lesbian came out during "Little Darlings" when I remember having a crush on Little Kristy McNicol.
The movie is very dated, don't get me wrong, but so are soooo many other movies at that time and who can't appreciate a good 80's comedy. Any one who has seen this movie knows that it will NEVER when any type of award for it's artistic merits, the cast looks like they had so much fun making it and I doubt anyone took it seriously then.
But I have to say that the movie would be nothing without the performances of "The Pirate King" and the "Major General", who give the movie movie the priceless comedy found in the movie. The movie is a bit of a cult classic. It is one of those movies that you either LOVE or HATE. No one is truly on the fence over this movie.
But the movie does make you wonder who the movie's target demographic was based on the good clean family fun, where this movie was place in the video stores in the 80's, and teenage sexual innuendos that are found in it. Over all, the movie is like to trip down memory lane for me and I just can't get enough.

No Response to "The Pirate Movie (1982)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme