Toy Story 3 (2010)

RATING: 5/5
I wasn't originally worried if I missed Toy Story 3 in the theaters, I am not a fan of 3D, and I really did not care that much for the first two. But we decided to go check it out and I am glad I did. We did not watch in 3D, but I don't think we missed anything. There were not any effects that seemed to "fly out at me" that I needed the 3D for. First, save the money... No need for 3D.

Starting out, the Pixar short "Night & Day" was truly enjoyable. The concept was funny and kept me smiling the whole time. Then to the opening scene of "Toy Story 3″, take all the characters from the past and put them in a western setting, beyond believable... We are looking into the mind of Andy having half of the characters the good guys and the other half the bad guys.

The story is of Andy preparing to go to college and deciding what to do with his toys as he packs up to leave. A misunderstanding sends the toys to a daycare center and they are tricked by the "head" toy, a bear name Lotso, and sent to the area of toddlers that destroy toys. The toys need to escape the day care center and find their way back to Andy's house before he leaves for school.

The journey back home is a long, rough and dark road that finds the toys at a landfill and come face to face with their deaths, a scene that was intense, stressful and very scary for younger kids. I don't think this movie is a younger kid movie, just because there are toys doesn't mean toys are for kids. Themes such as prison, terrorizing, fire pits, and even insinuating a homosexual character are liberties that Pixar took to make this movie not just for kids.

Much better than the first two, Toy Story 3 was high action, suspense, comedy and everything to make an awesome movie for tweens to adults, but I would leave the kiddos at home.

No Response to "Toy Story 3 (2010)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme