What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1960)

RATING: 4/5
I particularly am not a fan classics, never have been... Maybe they are too simple, maybe my brain needs more stimulation, I'm not sure; but on our classic movie weekend, we started out with "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane". I chose this movie based on the actresses I had heard of and the description on NetFlix.
I wasn't hideously bored out of my mind on the story of two sisters, both celebrities, who are living together as their careers took turns in wrong directions. One's a washed up drunk wanting to revitalize her career, but can't because she is taking care of her more famous and talented sister, who was injured in car accident.
One of the things that I always found so annoying in the classic films is that the acting always seems so forced, fake and over dramatic... this movie started like that until we got to our leading ladies, who are some of the best actresses of all time. Bette Davis did a brilliant performance of the sister gone mad, as did Joan Crawford, the crippled sister.
Although the movie left me with no closure, I actually did enjoy the movie; although there were times I wanted to turn it off, I had to see where it ended.

No Response to "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1960)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme