Donnie Darko (2001)

Jenny - RATING: 4/5

This is a movie for me that gets better with time. The first time I watched it, I was like WHAT? HUH? THIS IS STUPID? But as time goes on I understand and catch things that I never noticed before, like Ashley Tisdale. LOL. We watched this with my nephew and his wife who were Donnie Darko virgins and they really liked it but it had their brains swirling afterward. They mentioned it was almost like Inception with things not being what they appeared to be. Ok, I get that. Over all, this is an awesome movie that needs more watches cos I am sure there was more I missed.

Elisabeth: 4/5
I have always loved this movie from the first time I saw it. And each and every time I see it, I see something different, which is awesome. This is one of the very first movies which made me see things in a different way as well. I love the surrealistic aspect of it and even though I HATE movies about time travel, this one works for me because it wasn't really a movie about time travel...or was it? That is what I love about this movie. Depending on who you talk to...they got something completely different out of it.

1 Response to "Donnie Darko (2001)"

Candice Frederick said...

i think i may be the nly one who didn't love this movie. i've seen it once and i don't really have plans to see it again. but after reading you review ,perhaps it takes more viewings?? i gotta tell ya, i'm not very motivated here..

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme