The Third Man (1949)

We decided that we are gonna begin tandem blogging... each one of us reviewing the movie in our own words because we both have very very different opinions on movies, especially one like this. So, there will now be two reviews for movies we both watch.

Jenny: RATING: 2/5
This was our "mystery" movie for the week, as we let someone from Twitter pick a movie that is on instant. It is our way of watching movies we would not normally choose for ourselves. I totally would not have picked this for my normal viewing, just because I usually do not give into classic black & whites. I am usually a 70's and after kinda girl. I had no clue of what Film Noir was and had to ask Elisabeth... also had to ask what was going on in the movie cos I was lost throughout most of it... and at the end, I still never understood why the main character faked his death. Things are not as well laid out here and the lack of subtitles made it even more difficult to follow, even though Elisabeth said that was how it should be cos they wanted us to be just as confused as Holly Martins was as he was questioning people about the death of his friend. Not that I would not give more Film Noir a chance, I think it might be slow to get to... or have to wait until the next MYSTERY movie. LOL.

Elisabeth: RATING 4/5

I personally liked this one a lot. I used to watch a lot of noir and went to symposiums in college to learn more. I LOVED the camera angles the most in this one. The use of shadows and camera angles totally made it for me. I admit, it was kind of slow for a bit there, but once it picked up, it really picked up. I am going to try to get Jenny more involved in noir, but I think it will have to be one that is purely American so we don't have a language barrier. Maybe an old Hitchcock?

No Response to "The Third Man (1949)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme