2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

RATING: 3.5/5
I am still not too understanding of the movie yet, have not found a true purpose. I dont think this movie is meant to be understood… I will say that for a first time watcher of this movie, I was visually stimulated by the visionary that was Kubrick for this film. Watched on blu-ray the transfer was amazing, you could not tell the difference between a movie from today to this from 1968, not even the people took me back. The picture was perfectly clear and sound was superb. The graphics and space were beyond that of Star Wars.
My conversation with Elisabeth while watching took us to the depiction of what they thought the world would be and what it is. My question remains, did they get it correct or did we adapt our world of today based on the ideas of the visionaries. Now, I don’t want to get in a discussion about chickens and eggs, but like video telephones… Do we have them because those people thought about it first… same with furniture, do our contemporary designs exist because that was what they thought it would be so we created it because of it. I don’t know…
This movie is far more complex than my little brain can handle… Don’t know if I am ready to watch 2010 though. We will see… until then, let me stick with land instead of space.

No Response to "2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme