The Warriors (1979)

RATING: 4.5/5
When I was growing up and working in the video store, I would see this VHS box cover and I was literally afraid of this movie. Maybe it was baseball players with bats and painted faces, but I was. Then I forgot all about this movie until I started following a bunch of movie people on twitter, who were talking about this movie and how wonderful it was, so I decided to give it a chance. I picked it as one of my free Blu-Rays with the purchase of my blu-ray player, so I pulled it out of my collection and sat for the first time to watch it.
I am glad that I selected this movie cause I absolutely loved it. I can see where this is a hate or love movie though. The story was so very simple… A gang is on the run trying to get to their home turf when they are accused of doing something they didn’t do. The Warriors were bad ass when they needed to be, but they seemed to have morals cause they didn’t seem to be out to get anyone or destroy anything like the others. They just wanted to get home.
It was a good look at gangs and how they interact with each other, the blu-ray conversion was awesome, and it was filmed simplistically and did not need high tech special effects to be awesome. I think this movie has boosted itself up in my fave movie list.

No Response to "The Warriors (1979)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme