The Social Network (2010)

Jenny - RATING: 3/5
Hmmm... I am still trying to decide what I think of this movie. It wasn't all bad but to me it was not Best Picture worthy. Jesse Eisenberg did a good job as a asshole but for some reason I think that it might not been much of a stretch but who knows... it seems to come easy for him. I think Brenda Song did a better job at being a pyscho girlfriend... YAAY BRENDA! The movie lacked something but I don't exactly know what; just felt unmoved by it all.


Elisabeth - RATING: 3.5/5
I wanted to love this movie. I didn't hate it, but I am probably the only person in the world that doesn't really like Aaron Sorkin's style of writing...oh well. I thought it was well directed and acted and liked it well enough because of that. But...this is officially my least favorite David Fincher movie.

3 Response to "The Social Network (2010)"

Andrew Robinson said...

@Elisabeth

So are you saying you like The Social Network less than Alien 3 and Panic Room?

Just checking.

I can get someone not liking the movie and even not liking Aaron Sorkin's writing style, but to claim that the role comes easy to Eisenberg seems a stretch.

One thing I loved about the movie was how it showed the world the new age of business. The idea that monetization in the traditional sense (use of ads) is not the way to go.

Dan O. said...

The film was based on “Accidental Billionaires” which was written in POV of Saverin, so I guess as he is shown as an emotional person, that the drama tags along. Good Review!

Elisabeth said...

Andrew - I watch David Fincher movies from a very technical aspect. I did love Alien 3 (even though it was my least favorite of the series) and Panic Room. I know I am in the minority on Panic Room, but it was very well directed. Fincher shoots great movies and he always gets such good acting from his actors, but the way he directs and gets certain angles and the way he paces his films usually makes me like it. This was very chaotic to me in the way it was shot. And that is okay. I understand it was supposed to be reflective of how the whole process worked and I get that, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme