WALL-E (2008)

RATING: 5/5 
So I was one of the fortunate ones to see Wall-E this week. I have to say, for all the hype Disney and Pixar has created for this movie over the last couple of years, it left me wanting more. I have heard it being called Short Circuit 3, and while I can see the similarities, I think there are enough differences to make it stand out on it's own without any comparisons to ideas already hashed out in the movies. I am only going to relay things about the movie, not what happens in the actual movie.
Now, I love almost all of the Pixar movies. This one stood out in the direction and new ideas of blending reality and animation. They pushed the boundaries where they have never gone before and I was quite impressed with that. Wall-E is quite endearing in so many ways, you almost tend to forget he is just a robot. We found ourselves laughing with him, and getting happy when he became the hero. I don't think I have ever been so engaged in an animated picture before, let alone a Disney movie.
The story itself was interesting...someone from our group said it was quite offensive to fat people (and you will totally see what I mean when you see it), but I found it offensive to Americans in general. We have been stereotyped in this movie, but the meaning behind it was a good one. I see what the writer/director was trying to accomplish. The question is...will anyone truly see it and make the changes necessary? We see the future as it will become if we continue on the path we are currently taking.
Pixar has truly left me a fan yet again, and for those out there that love a love story mixed with humor and sensitivity , then this is for you. I honestly couldn't find much fault with this movie, which kind of surprises me, because I can find fault with any movie. I really loved it from beginning to end.
As a side note...the price of admission alone is for the short. Pixar amazes me with their short films at the beginning of every movie, and this one outdoes the rest of them hands-down. It is by far the best short they have ever come up with, and it had the entire audience laughing along. Now, if they would put that one into a full-length feature...that would be something.

No Response to "WALL-E (2008)"

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme